Spouse Open
Work Permit


Your spouse or common law partner could be eligible for open-work permits in the event that you:

  • You must have a valid permit to study.
  • Are qualified for a post-graduation work authorization (PGWP) and
  • You are a full-time student in one of these schools:
  • A public secondary school like a university or college and CEGEP in Quebec
  • an institution of higher education that is private in Quebec
  • A Canadian private school that is able to legally award degrees as per provincial laws (for instance Bachelors, Masters, or a Doctorate degrees)

A work permit that is open for processing typically requires some time. There are a variety of factors that could affect the processing time. Your spouse’s or common law partner’s work permit is valid for the same period as your permit to study.

Contact Us

Query Form

Follow My Social Media :